E-Mail Address

stephen.spada@charlottecountryday.org

Friday, March 12, 2010

Running with the Falcones...

Since the Falcones have their young son Peter (who is in the tremendous 2's stage of his life) you almost never see Anne and Richard running together. So when Anne called me and said that her sister was going to be watching their son, I knew that meant that both of them would be coming to my house this morning for a comfortable 10 mile run (my new comfortable pace is 7:15 to 7:30 which was inspired by Mark at Maximum Performance Running). No sooner than 5 minutes later, Anne was questioning the pace thinking it was too slow (boy do I need a Garmin!). So I took them on a quasi new 10 mile course and we were cruising along until a side stitch/cramp came over Anne and we slowed it down a bit until it passed. Richard got a little frisky with about a mile to go so we upped the tempo slightly which was more than I really wanted. I felt good at the end and was very grateful to have both Falcone's at my doorstep at 5:30am on a Friday morning...

p.s.- Anne's side stitch took me back to mile 21 of the 2009 New York City Marathon I wish that pain on no one!

No comments:

Post a Comment