E-Mail Address

stephen.spada@charlottecountryday.org

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Miner's Run

Did the Miner's Run this morning with Ben, Megan, Mo, Stan, Mike, Aaron, Jay, Kaitlin, Justin and Billy. Most of them were the top finishers at last Saturday's Corporate Cup half marathon and relay. Felt good to run 9 easy miles after yesterdays 20 400's, Sundays 2 hour run and Saturdays 1:18 for the half (5th overall). My overall goal for this year is to run 2:40 at New York on Nov. 7th. I think that if I can get my half down to a 1:16 that that should be a good possibility. I'll be in a new age group (45-49) so that would put me in the top ten...that would be pretty cool! However, there are a lot of hard and well comprised training weeks that need to be strung together for that to happen. Having hooked up with this new group, the Charlotte Running Club, has been phenominal to say the least. The energy that these young studs have is contagious. My wife set up a skiing trip for us next week in Utah which should be awesome. I'll be careful not to do anything flamboyant as I don't want to break a leg! Hopefully my 8 year old will let me go down with her. I'll get my morning run on the treadmill at the fitness center before breakfast, and then head out to the slopes!

No comments:

Post a Comment