E-Mail Address

stephen.spada@charlottecountryday.org

Thursday, March 11, 2010

A good day to run...

The title of today's blog comes from a 2000 hit by country singer Darryl Worley of the same name. For me, every day is a good day to run. Today I had the good fortune of running with Maureen "Mo" Campbell who in a previous life was one of the star cross country and track runners at Providence High in the early 2000's. Last December Mo won Charlotte's Thunder Road Marathon and this morning I got the play by play of her win on our 11 mile steady run...it was awesome! Mo and I are part of the "Miner's Run" group of the Charlotte Running Club that meet every Tues. morning at McAlpine Park and all of us wear headlamps. This group includes (and is certainly not limited to) Ben, Megan, Bill, Paul, Billy, Mo, Stan, Justin and myself. Anyway, so Mo and I got to talking and we realized that we live a mile away from each other so we hooked up for a run...pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment