E-Mail Address

stephen.spada@charlottecountryday.org

Monday, February 7, 2011

Tempo w/ Hovis, Compton, PMain & Falcone!

So the e-mail went out from Budic to the messanger (Paul) calling for an 8 mile tempo, followed by some track work for some, and more tempo for others. For me, the 8 mile tempo was plenty fine...

The takers were stout! They included Ben Hovis and John Compton who are both training diligently for the Myrtle Beach Half coming up in a couple of weeks, Richard Falcone who was his his usual fit self, Paul Mainwaring who was chomping at the bit for a quality workout, and myself who was just happy to be included in the e-mail train...Ha!

We all met up on Sardis and did the usual jerk around until it was time to line up at the start on Landsdowne to get after it!

My goal for the 8 mile tempo was 48 minutes...my actual was 46:40...I was pleased! I won't bore you with the details except to say that I absolutely did not go near the well...the other guys looked fabulous!

Question? Who is now the lead announcer for the televised track meets (one of my all time favorites!)?

No comments:

Post a Comment