E-Mail Address

stephen.spada@charlottecountryday.org

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Alana Hadley...thanks for the inspiration!

Thunder Road half marathon was my last race of 2010. After that race, my plan was to just do some base building for the next 6 week training block which has gone rather well. Easy 10 mile daily runs with a 20 miler on either Saturday or Sunday. 80-85 mile weeks with no thought of a specific workout.

I enjoyed a swift 8 mile tempo run last week at Landsdowne with Billy and Paul as well as a nice 7 mile tempo run with Megan and Caitlin last Saturday at McAlpine.

So last night I was on Facebook seeing what everyone was doing and I saw that Alana had done a threshold run on the treadmill and it gave me inspiration!

This morning I got to work (school) and jumped on the treadmill for 1 hour and 12 minutes of six minute paced running. For me, this was a cross between steady state and marathon paced running. Thanks Alana! Inspiration can come from anywhere...

Question: Who just won his second consecutive high school Footlocker cross country title?

2 comments: