E-Mail Address

stephen.spada@charlottecountryday.org

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Mile repeats, at McAlpine, w/ Beigay!

Whenever I hear that we're doing mile repeats, my stomach drops!

I reached out to Billy and Mike to see if they would want to workout during Tuesday's miner run. Billy had worked out on Monday and Mike was game...cool!

We decided on 5 x 1 mile repeats using the 3rd mile of the Footlocker (was Kinney...that's old school!) cross country course followed by a 400 meter recovery. Here are the times:

5:34
2:30r
5:31
2:32r
5:29
2:34r
5:28 (Mike was 5 seconds ahead)
2:35r
5:27 (Mike was 5 seconds ahead and looking strong)

We were both very pleased with our workout. For me, the miles were challenging, yet my breathing returned to normal soon after completion.

A pleasant 2 mile cool down completed the workout and then Mike wished me luck on Friday night...if I run?

You down wit OPP?

4 comments:

  1. yeah, you know me (ontario provincial police)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freakin impressive. Nice work. 5X a mile is my favorite. But I'm a psycho...so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're all a little psycho Meggan! Glad things worked out...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jay...I can't get anything past you!

    ReplyDelete